Thursday, November 11, 2010

Hey Mom and Family !

How are you guys ? It was great to hear from you mom !! For Thanksgiving we will just visit with members. Someone signed up for dinner already . Transfers are actually on Thanksgiving day so there is a chance I won't even be here. We will see. I have a feeling I am staying in the area though..who knows. We did get a new investigator this week. It is a part member family in our ward. The husband who is not a member has been coming to church for 5 years but never had the desire to be baptized. Well hes ready to now. He wants to get baptized the same day as his daughter. She turns 8 the end of December so we set them on date last night for January 8th. We taught them the first lesson. It went pretty good. The weather here has been crazy. Its been in the low 70's high 60's. Im wearing a short sleeve shirt today ! I wish it was cooler...but at least its not hot. Oh ya I had a couple questions for you mom. Do you know if they ever got my missionary plaque ? Also I was on the Founders Park Stake website and it didn't list me as one of the full time missionaries serving? Maybe they forgot about me haha. Let me know though if they got my plaque. Its hard to think of what I want for christmas because I don't really need anything right now. Let me think about it this week and see if I can come up with anything. Last Monday we had dinner with John Beck ! Quarterback of the redskins. It was awesome ! It was interesting to hear some of the stories hes told. He has such a strong testimony though and gave us some good advice. He also invited us and our investigator to the redskins vs eagles game on monday. He said hed get us in. But I highly doubt our mission president would let us. Probably not the best environment for a missionary to be in. It would be a blast though. Thats about all the excitement of our week. I love you guys !!!

Elder Davie

0 comments: