Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Greatest Converting Tool

12-14-2009

Family!
How are you guys? It's like 3:45 on Monday. We had a zone "feast" this morning at 7:45am at the church. We all got together as a zone, studied for a couple hours, then played volleyball and basketball. It wasn't the worst thing I've ever had to do. =) Transfers are in a week and a half. So our p-day will be on a Wed next week and I probably won't get to email, but we'll see. We are allowed to eat at members homes twice a week now. Cool, I guess. I had my first member dinner yesterday and it was kind of akward, but I'm sure that will go away after awhile. so we had retrun and report at the mission home last tuesday. I drove me and another new guy to Burke. It was my first time driving in VA and the roads are crazy! It was very easy to get lost, which we did! But we ended up making it there. We just watched a couple of training videos, heard from the APs, president, & his wife. Then we all bore our testimonies. I really enjoyed it. I got to see my MTC roommates which was amazing. I miss them! We had a christmas concert at the church last night. It was pretty good. Hey can you send my electric razor and the charger? Shaving with a razor takes too long every morning. I have really enjoyed being in Ashburn. It is a very nice place. It will be weird to get transferred and it will be very difficult to make changes and start all over. It will be easier after I go through a few though. Well I better get going. I love you!

Love,
Elder Davie

P.S. What are you guys doing for Christmas? Our transfers are on Dec 24th so I have no idea where I will be on Christmas. Hopefully wherever I go, there will be a car! =) Nate, I keep forgetting to answer you on what kind of car we have. It's a Chevy Impala. It's got 48,000 miles on it so they are trading it in soon. Most have Impalas or Corollas. They just got rid of all the Mazdas. The new Impalas that some have are very nice. last night I was struggling. We went and tracted an apartment building and had a couple of really good doors slammed in my face. Man it was rough! I was sitting there thinking why? What's my purpose here? Some days are so good, then some seem like they couldn't have gone any worse and that's when you learn how to rely on the Lord. I realized when I was tracting I had so much anger built up inside me it was impossible for the spirit to be there. No wonder I got doors slammed in my face. Having the spirit is most important. It's our greatest converting tool. How can we discern the needs of people we contact if we don't have the spirit? How do we touch the hearts of those who we contact? We help them see how the Gospel can help fulfill the needs in their lives. It's something that is very difficult to do. When you tract, you have like 2 seconds to catch their interest. It's very hard. Well, I'm sorry for venting. That was the longest P.S. ever. I love you guys!!

0 comments: