Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Hey mom !

Its been a much better week. Last week was rough, I have to admit. It was difficult and wednesday was a rough day. After I emailed you and we did shopping I went home and found this letter in my mailbox from Brother Hunt. He from the Garrisonville ward :

" Elder Davie, Thank you for your letter. It was very inspirational. Im glad that you have settled down at the brambleton ward in ashburn. Were all doing well, but let me just say that this place certainly isn't the same without you serving. It was a big loss to see you go and you are greatly missed. I want to thank you for all you've done for my family. You set a fine example for others to emulate and your a genuine man, leader and representative of our church. We were truly blessed to have had your counsel and consider you a family friend. You always have a place to visit and stay if you need to at all. You made a tremendous impression and always brought the spirit of christ with you during your visits. Thank you for what you do, have done, and will do in the future. We expect great things from you and we hope to see you one day soon , The Hunts "

Man I needed that. I felt like the lord blessed me in that moment...I was struggling so bad and was so down on myself and I was able to receive that. It was truly a blessing. We had a barbecue at the mission home on Monday for our zone. It was because we all got 72 hour kits. We played volleyball and basketball and ping pong and ate lots of food and chilled with President and his wife. It was a blast !!! I love President, he is pretty amazing. Also I met a less active lady in our ward who grew up in vacaville ! She graduated from Vacaville High School...small world ! Things are going good though ! I am excited to serve next transfer with Elder Jones...I don't know him but have heard great things. I think we have similar personalitys so it should be good. I love you guys so much ! Thanks for helping me through this experience and sharing it with me !!

Elder Davie

p.s. I am still zone leader...I am staying here in Brambleton and getting a new companioin

0 comments: