Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Cousins in the Mission Field


Hey !


How is everyone doing? I have had a pretty good week for the most part ! Last wednesday we had our quarterly "Stake Correlation" meeting. Wow that was pretty intense. Stake presidency, bishops, ward mission leaders and us. We meet in the high council room and meet together to discuss the work in the Ashburn Zone. Then me and my comp present some information for 5-10 minutes. It went pretty well. It was a little nerve racking but its all good. Then I was able to interview John Owens for baptism. It was my first time doing a baptismal interview so I was excited ! It went really well ! Then Sunday, man what a great day it was. Church was normal as usual. But we got to go to the "Why I Believe" fireside at the temple visitor center where President and Sister Albright spoke. Also the new Mission president and his wife for the DC North mission were there. Its president and sister matsamuri. She was in the General Primary presidency. I was able to meet them which was pretty cool. The fireside was awesome. They had a couple recent converts bare their testimonys which was so powerful. Then President got up and shared a ton of miracles from our mission and it was just awesome. He had a powerpoint to go with it and it was sweet. It was in the theater which seats 500 and it filled up. They had overflow rooms where people were watching. Guess who I saw ? Elder Hanks ! Haha . I saw him walk in and I went up to him and was like " Dude ! " I don't think he had any idea who I was. Once I told him he was like oh man whats up ! It was good times. He seems to be doing very good and hes very happy so let his family know I saw him ! I got a picture with him....I will send it in a few min. Monday I went on exchanges with Elder Hutchinson in Goose Creek. It was a great time and we had alot of success. Our zone also got invited to enjoy a bbq at the mission home here in a couple weeks. There was a competition for whoever can get their whole zone to get a 72 hour kit together first. We tied for first I guess so were going and the other zone is going. It should be awesome ! We were supposed to have a zone activity today....we were going to play baseball and have a bbq but its pouring rain ! So we had to cancel it which is a bummer. Pat Reid....the guy I was teaching in Garrisonville is getting baptized on August 28th !!! Im going to try and make it down. Then Andy who I was teaching in Garrisonville is getting baptized the next day ! On a sunday though so I can't make it for that one which is a huge bummer. I think thats all the new and exciting stuff going on ! I got the birth certificate ! Thanks so much ! Now I can go get my virginia license. I hope you guys are all having a wonderfull week !!!! I love you guys !!!

Elder Davie

0 comments: