Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Looking for More Ghanians!

Hey Guys !

How are all you doing? Its a little earlier than usual I know, I will be back later today to check my email again and write some more. We are going to DC today with the Ashburn zone leaders. Brother Mccoy is taking us on a tour of the capitol building ! It should be fun, I am excited !

Last Saturday I went back to Mt Vernon again for a baptism ! It was for Rachell Oku....They are a recent convert family and their daughter rachell just turned 8. She asked me if I would baptize her so I did ofcourse. It was awesome !!! It was great to be back there again and see everyone. I forgot my camera but President Albright got a couple pictures and so did my last companion so they are going to email them to me ! It was awesome though.

Besides that there really isn't a whole lot going on here. This area is tough. We tract alot and it seems like we only meet spanish people and middle eastern people. Obviously we can't talk to the spanish because of the language barrier and middle easterns are mostly hardcore muslim so we don't really get anywhere there. Its hard, but its not impossible. Last Saturday night we found some Ghanains ! I was sooo happy ! We taught this guy named Freddy. He is 18. Hes sweet ! He told us to come back this week and teach him some more. Then on Sunday we were tracting and we found another house full of Ghanains !!! It was awesome !! We are going to hopefully start teaching them as well !!

On Sunday we had to teach the gospel principles class....we taught the lesson on the word of wisdom. It went pretty good. Then that night we went to a mission home fireside which are always fun !! Overall its been a pretty good week ! I am excited for today, it will be fun. Well I look forward to hearing from all you guys !!! I hope everything is going well !!! I love you !!

Elder Davie

0 comments: