Wednesday, March 23, 2011

It Just Keeps Getting Better!

Hello everyone ! How are you all doing? I will give you a run down of the past week or so...its been a good one !!!

Friday : We had zone leader counsel. It was really good. Starting next transfer pdays are going to be on Monday . Also transfers will be different. Now we will just show up to the transfer meeting and find out who our new comp is there....kind of like you did it in your mission I think nate? That will be good though. After the counsel we had an awesome day ! We taught 4 investigator lessons. They were all from sierra leone haha. I love those people. Their very similar to ghanains. We went to this one guys house named Ambrose. He is awesome ! We had dinner with him and his wife....what did they feed us ? Casava leaf fufu with pepper soup!!!! I thought fufu was in the past...boy was I wrong. This soup was SPICY !! It was already way hot outside...then I started eating the soup and bam !! I was sweatin haha. I couldn't finish the soup...it was just to spicy for me ! I tried. I did finish the fufu though.

Saturday : It was another good day for us ! We had this potential investigator from Ghana that we found a few weeks ago. His name is maxwell. We have tried visiting him quite a few times and had no luck. Well we were in the area so we stopped in. What a surprise we had !! Maxwell was there, his friend was there, and his roomate was there ! All ghanains. We taught them all haha. It was a blast. Then before we left maxwell says " My bruddas , have some fufu with us !! I was like sweet ! Then I was like, Maxwell can I have some amooney abamoon instead ? He was like ofcourse my bruddah haha. Amooney abamoon is rice and stew. Its not to bad. You eat it with your hands. You pick up a pile and swirl it in the soup they gave us, which was palm nut soup haha. There was some meat in there to and I ate a little then I heard maxwell from the kitchen say " I hope you like the meat ! Its cow intestine ! " you should have seen my face...i thought i was going to die !!!!! Also that night we had a solid lesson with our investigator named Freddy...hes 18 and from Ghana as well. He is awesome !!

Sunday : Freddy came to church !!! I was sooo excited !! All his family is pretty hardcore baptist so I was surprised to see him there. At the end we were talkin to him and he was like " wow this was really good, it all made sense. I am bringing my friends with me next week !!! " It was a miracle.

Monday: Oh man this was such a good day !!! We had a really good lesson with one of our investigators who is struggling alot. We taught her about the atonement and the spirit was strong. She said her husband is interested in learning more about baptism, so were going back to teach him later this week. Then we saw a former investigator in the area book from about a year ago. Its a ghanain family so I was like man we gotta check this out. We went over and had an awesome visit !! The parents aren't as interested but the three kids are. They are 14, 16, and 9. They are legit !! They had a book of mormon sitting on there table and I was like " have you guys been reading it ?! " They were like ya we read it as a family a couple times a week !!! I was like oh man that is awesome !! Were going back on thursday to start teaching them.

Yesterday : I was on exchanges with a greenie. We had another awesome day. We taught a few investigators and visited some less actives. We were tracting and ran into these sweet kids ! They are from sierra leone. They are 23, 18, 16. One is muslim but the other two are christian. We sat down and taught them the restoration and showed them the movie and they loved it !!! Were going back tonight to teach them and invite them to church !!

It has truly been a week of miracles. We are being so blessed right now. I am so gratefull for these experiences. I think alot about what I would be doing right now had I not come out here, its scary to think about. I am so gratefull for the things Ive learned and the struggles I continue to have that let me continue to grow every day ! I love this work !!!

Love you guys !!

Elder Davie

0 comments: