Saturday, September 3, 2011

Another Baptism! And Another Fine?

Hello Everyone!

How are you guys all doing? I think that's awesome that Nate bought mom a ticket to fly out to Texas! Your a good kid Nate! That's why I love our family so much. Were all so close. There's been so many times where I will be talking to someone out here and they will be like " I can tell you and your family are pretty close!" I'm always just like Yep!

So its been a good week for us. Last Sunday I had the chance to go back to Mt Vernon for another baptism. This girls name is Matennah. Elder Morrill and I tracted into her back in June I think. We taught her for a couple months and then when we left the elders picked up and kept teaching her. She decided to be baptized which is awesome! She is from Liberia. I will send you a couple pics. Then on Thursday we had Return and Report. This is where all the new missionaries who just came in a few weeks ago meet back up at the mission home. We do a little bit of training with them and then we have a testimony meeting. Its fun to see how much they have all grown in the short few weeks. They come out scared to death and the come back a few weeks later with smiles on their face and just loving missionary work! We start transfers next week....can it already be?!?! I swear we just barely planned out the last transfer meeting. I can't believe how fast this is going. Often times I pray to have its slow down so I can digest all the experiences and really live the moment! I love it out here...I know I've said that a lot but I really do. This past week for some reason I've been pondering a lot about my mission...just kind of thinking back about all the people I've met and the missionaries I've met. I have some good friends out here. I just feel grateful to have come to DC. I know without a doubt this is where Heavenly Father wanted me. For some reason Ohio just didn't work out....but I'm forever grateful for the experiences I've had here.

Ive been sick the past couple days...just a bad cold so nothing to bad. Oh ya...so remember I got the ticket last month for running a red light? Well I went to pay it online...when I logged in and everything they had 2 different fines on there for me! One for failure to obey a traffic signal and another one for "Evading a traffic control device". I googled the second one and its where you like pull through a gas station to avoid waiting at a red light or something. I don't know why I got tagged with that one and it doesn't say anything about it on the ticket I got. I talked to President and the easiest thing will be to just go to court n the 22. They said a lot of times they will drop your fines or lower them if you show up so I will see what I can do. I went from thinking it was a $150 to $240 with the extra fine! I'm sure it will all work out though. Today we went and played some racket ball. It was a blast. We have played a few times that past couple weeks. The only problem is that it costs like $10 for the court rental and everything at the rec center...so its pricey. Then a sweet recent convert from the ward just took us to this Japanese Hibachi grill. It was just like tepanyaki....mmmm it was good! Well I love you guys ! I hope your all safe and doing well!

Elder Davie

0 comments: