Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Hey Everyone ! How are you guys? Mom are you and Nate still out of town? Im assuming so cuz I didn't see any emails from you this week. How is your vacation? How is San Antonio? Hows Austy? Emily sent me this picture of her sitting on a tree....soo cute ! Shes growing up !! So how has everyones week been? Anything new and exciting going on? Emily, did you take austyn to the neurologist? Is she still having seizures? Hows Daves leg? Ashley mentioned that you got the boxes I sent home. Do they keep raising the prices of those flat rate boxes? I didn't know they cost $15 to send ! I couldn't fit that stuff with me so I had to send it all home. I hope you guys enjoyed it all ! Make sure you don't throw it away :) I got the shirt you got me nate ! Thanks so much , I really like it !! It was at Sis Randalls but I just had my roomate bring it to leadership meeting last Monday so it worked out just fine. So your probably all wondering what life has been like for me the past week..... Well here it goes. My first week of Zone Leader consisted of 3 things : Day one I found a tick in my leg...it was really weird and was the first time Ive seen a tick or ever had one. I burned him out of my leg with a lighter then pulled him out slowly so I didn't rip the head off. Hope I don't get lime disease. Day two I got bit by a freaking pitbull. It wasn't a bad bite at all but it drew blood ! Day three I had to speak in church....not only did I speak but I found out like at 10 on Saturday night via text message lol. Needless to say its been an interesting week ! No but really it has been good. Its been tough, but good. I miss Garrisonville a ton. Like its been really hard to have to leave that area and that ward and start fresh. I struggle with change so its been a very difficult transition. The new calling as Zone Leader hasn't been tough , just the change. Ashburn is completely different from garrisonville. Its a whole different feel up here. I serve in the Brambleton ward. I was able to see some families on Sunday from the wards I was trained in so that was good. It is nice to be able to be in a car. Ofcourse the week I get in a car is the week the temperatures go from 105 to 85. Its all good though. Ive enjoyed the new calling. Its fun to be on this side of the spectrum and see how things go ya know? Its fun to have the ability to make decisions that I wasn't able to make before. We have zone conference I think like next week or something...I get to conduct so that should be interesting. It will be fun. We had a baptism on Saturday for this guy named Joe. He was investigating for like 10 years so it was neat. We are on the hunt for new gators now though. We found one yesterday while tracting. I think thats all of the new and fun and exciting things that are happening here. I love you guys and miss you all ! Hopefully I will hear back soon ! Love you guys !!

Elder Davie

0 comments: