Wednesday, August 4, 2010

How are you guys? How was your week ? HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM !!! How old are ya now? It has been a better week for me than the first week, thats for sure. I am getting used to things I guess you could say. Last Saturday we had a "Ward Social" party thing at the church. THey had a pie baking and cake baking contest. Me and my comp were some of the judges so that was fun to eat all the good stuff ! I was able to talk with the bishop a little more and get to know him. We talked basketball for like 20 minutes which was nice. He is a professor at Georgetwon ! Crazy. Nate this will be cool for you : My bishop teaches business at georgetown, he had Roy Hibbert and Jeff Green in his classes. Sweet huh ! And Deshawn Stevenson used to live right next door to him ! Sweet huh. He knows a ton about basketball so it was fun to catch up with him. He said Jeff Green is a very down to earth guy and has a good head on his shoulders. On sunday we ate at this home. Turns out there was a girl there who is sisters with a girl I knew in high school, small world. Then on Sunday night 8 of us from our zone got to go sleep over at the mission home. It was a blast of course ! Monday morning bright and early at about 5 we started heading down to Fredericksburg to go to the National Scout Jamboree. I guess its a pretty big deal. They only have them once every four years and it turned out to be here in our mission this year ! This was he first time the jamboree has let missionaries come to "Proselyte." There was like 50,000 scouts there so it was pretty amazing. The first half of the day I worked in the Geneology Merit badge booth. They had different stations in there. I started out teaching scouts how to conduct an interview with their ancestors. Then I taught them how to fill out a timeline. They had like groups of 10-15 scouts go to these different stations and we would teach them about geneology for 5-10 minutes then I would get a new group and we did that over and over for like 5 hours. Then the second half of the day I went to the church booth in a different section. There we handed out these patches and for the strength of youth to all who came by and we would talk to them about the church and answer their questions. It was really fun. One of the guys who was representing the church took that pic of me and sent it to you haha. You were probably like who the heck is sending me this picture of elder davie?! I don't know who he was but he works for the church. Then after the jamboree we all went to On The Border which is a really good mexican restaurant. It was a looong exhausting day but it was really fun. Then yesterday I went on exchanges to Ashburn/Belmont Ridge where I was trained it. We went and visited a few people that I knew from before so it was fun. It made me realize how much I miss the Garrisonville ward though...theres just something about that place. And now im here emailing you guys ! That was my week ! Tomorrow we have zone conference. I will be conducting and then me and my companion will also be doing some training there. I am not nervous as I thought I would be. It should be a good experience for me to get me out of my shell a little more. I will let ya know how it goes !! Well I love you guys !!

Elder Davie

0 comments: