Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Transfer Time!

Good Afternoon Everyone !

I feel like I haven't emailed forever !!! Its been a long week I guess. Man this transfer has just flown by I can't believe it !! So Ive had a great week. We spent thursday friday and most of saturday just teaching lessons and saying goodbye to a couple families that elder bell wanted to see. It was really good. Then on Saturday night we drove down to the mission home and President and Sister Albright took me and Elder Bell out to dinner. We went to Macoroni Grill...it was delicious !! Then Sunday morning we woke up at 4:30 and got ready to head to the airport. President and Sister albright drove us to the airport where we dropped off Elder Bell. It was sad !!! He taught me so many different things and helped me in so many ways. I was blessed to be able to serve with him before he left. Hes a legend in the mission. After that the office elders dropped me back off at home. Since then I have been serving with Elders Ta'ufo'ou and harper. They serve in the mt vernon ward so we have been sharing areas. It has been a blast. Ta'ufo'ou is amazing. Hes got a heart of gold and its been fun serving with him. We also had a miracle happen to us :

Sunday we showed up to church in their ward. There is this ghanain guy named patrick that is a recent convert. He brought his uncle to church who had just flown in from Ghana the day before. Apparantly his uncle is a prince or a king in Ghana and is a leader of like 50 million people from hundreds of different tribes. He wants to get baptized. I took a guy in our ward over there on exchange who is also from ghana. When he saw patricks unlce he couldn't believe it. He kept telling us in his broken english " You guys don't realize how powerfull this man is ! You don't realize how big he is in our culture !! " This guy was muslim and was doing alot of voo doo and idol worshipping stuff but the spirit touched him in a way that he couldn't deny and he wanted to "find christ." Its amazing. He is so ready to hear the gospel. Were going up to the visitors center with him today so I will send pics of that after.

We got our transfer calls last night. I am way pumped. I am staying here in Belle Haven. I am getting Elder Larochelle. He was my roomate in the MTC. We have been best friends on the mission so it should be good. Im kind of frusterated that im still junior companion though. There have been like 6 other zone leaders who have gone up after me and they are senior comps and training....I talked to elder bell yesterday on the phone and was just like man what am I doing wrong? Who knows...just gotta go with the flow I guess. Well that is the news of the week !!! I look forward to hearing from you guys !! I love you !!

Elder Davie

0 comments: