Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Work until 9 PM!!!

Hello !!!

How are you all doing ? It was great to hear from you guys this week !!! I am glad to hear the appointment with Austyn went well. She is always in my prayers !! Thank you so much nate for sending me that camera....I was hoping you would send me an old beat up one and not your nice one !! This camera is insane nice !!! Holy cow....It was jus time too because I picked it up from the post office this morning and there are a few of us heading into DC today for pday !!! I will take lots of pics !!! You guys are so good to me and spoil me. Members always ask where I fall in our family and when I say youngest they just laugh and say your probably spoiled !!! Im so lucky to have you guys.

So I got the dvd that you sent me in that package hahahahhahaahahaha holy cow that was hilarious !!!!! I was laughing way hard....It was well done !!!! What program did you use to make that nate ? It was seriiously dang good !!! I can't wait to make some movies when we get back...I will definatly have to do one for my mission...that would be legit !! Thanks for sending me that link for the article of ohenabuh....it was crazy to see that picture of the baptism because everyone in that picture is who I spend alot of my time with !!! I see all of them multiple times a week !!! They are my family away from home. I love these people so incredibly much , more than words can describe. They are SO strong in the gospel. This area has been a blast to serve in...its amazing here. Probably tied for my favorite area with Garrisonville. The people are so humble and loving. Ive had experiences here in Belle Haven that have changed my life.

Last week was one of the best weeks I have had as a missionary. We were truly blessed here. Elder Larochelle and I have been trying to work our hardest and have been really trying to increase all areas of the work here and we have seen alot of success. I am just so happy right now to be where I am and to be a missionary. Its amazing !!!!!

Here is a miracle that happened to us : So last Tuesday we had a really busy day...we taught like 6 lessons which is pretty good for us. It was about 8:45....one thing my last comp taught me (Elder Bell) is that you work till 9!!!! We pulled over on the side of the busy road and offered a simple prayer of where we might be best used. Shorty thereafter I saw some apartments close by that hadn't been tracted yet. We went and tracted the building and weren't sure exactly why we had been led there.Ya we found a couple potential investigators but I lacked the faith that things would work out. So now we move to Friday. It was about 5-6 oclock and we had run out of things to do. We weren't able to contact some of our investigators to teach and we had been tracting for a while so we were kind of lost as to what we should do. Then Elder Larochelle got this prompting to call one of the potentials that we had found on that tuesday night. He did and they told us we could come over. We went and had an AWESOME lesson with them. They are a family of 3 from Nicaragua but speak good english and want to attend the english ward. They LOVED the message we shared and are excited to come to church !!!!! Prayer is so powerfull. Sometimes I expect immediate results but most times im quickly reassured that god works according to his time...not our time. This was definatly the case in this sitaution.

I am so humbled as I have experiences every day that solitify my testimony. I know for a fact that the messages we share are truth and can be felt through the power of the holy ghost. I have learned so much over the past 15 months and I am excited to continue learning and growing closer to our father in heaven. I am gratefull for you nate , who have set that example for me in my life as a priesthood holder. I remember looking up to you as I was growing up and watching you closely and was always amazed at your desire to do whats right. I am so gratefull for sisters like emily and ashley who have shown more love to me than I ever could have imagined. I am gratefull for an amazing mother who put aside her own wants and desires to help her kids grow and mature into who we are today. Lastly im most gratefull for a Father in heaven who has unconditional love and who knows me better than I know myself and who is ALWAYS there even when I seem to forget Him. I am so gratefull for all you guys !!!! Your the best !!!!

Elder Davie

0 comments: