Monday, April 11, 2011

Busy! Busy! Busy!

Wow it has been a busy day ! We went up to DC again with the Mclean zone leaders, elder stuart and elder parker. I love those guys. I came out with Elder stuart, he was my roomate in the mtc so we're good buds. They all make fun of me for being old and bald haha. It was 90 degrees here today, I think i got sunburned !! It was a good day though. Its already almost 5 and we still have to go to the cleaners and to the grocery store and to shower ...so this may be a short email, im sorry !

Last week was amazing. Elder Church is awesome. Hes only been out 9 months and he has that greenie fire to him. We have been working our butts off. Last week we had 5 investigators at sacrament and found 9 new investigators !!! We also set 4 people on date for baptism !!! It was crazy. On April 23rd Freddy is getting baptized. He is from Ghana !! He is 18 years old, a senior in high school. I tracted into him last transfer and we've been teaching him ever since. He has come to church a couple times and he LOVES it. Yesterday he had to introduce himself again and he stands up and says " My name is freddy, bruddah dave knocked on my door and now I come to church, and im here to stay !! " haha it was awesome. He is ready for baptism so it will be fun ! Also on the same day we will probably be baptising konnie. She is from sierra leone and is 18 also. She came to general conference and was kinda bored so were trying to get her to come to a normal church service !! We also found this guy named jose and his wife yesseniah. They are AWESOME ! He grew up in New York and is a huge baseball fan. He came to church yesterday and loved it ! I signed up to do service with the elders quorum on saturday haha. Him and his wife will definatly get baptized shortly. There are a ton of great things happening in this area. I can't believe I hit 18 months next week, the time is flying by. I am having a blast, but man it is tough work. I look forward to seeing you guys again !! Also I get to call you for mothers day this transfer so that will be fun !!!

I love you guys !! It was great to get all of your emails !! Hope you're all doing well !!!

0 comments: