Saturday, October 15, 2011

2 More Weeks!

How are you all doing? How was the week? How is the weather in Utah/Texas/Oregon? How are all the kids doing? When are you guys flying into Utah? Can you believe 13 days? What??!! Crazy. I will be so happy to see you all again.
 
It was a good week for us. This past week we met a guy named Lawrence. He is from Nigeria. He writes books. He is awesome. We tracted into him and taught him for about 45 minutes then he said "Is there anyway to schedule a time to have you come teach more?" Ofcourse were like yes! We went back this past thursday and had a pretty good lesson with him. We showed him the restoration movie. He agrees with most things but were trying to help him with a couple concerns. Keep him in your prayers! We also met a Ghanain guy yesterday named Kwabina. He was so funny. He was dying laughing when I started speaking Twi to him. He agreed to let us come back and teach him a little and he will teach me some Twi. It will be fun. Wednesday was an awesome day. We had our departing Temple Trip. Basically all the missionaries going home meet at the mission office in the morning and we all drive up to the temple to do a session. Before the session we are able to meet with the Temple President and he talks to us for a little bit then opens it up to any questions. Something he said struck me. Regarding our mission calls he said " Its not as important where you get called as to who you get called to serve under. " I have felt like that. Yes I know I was called to Dc South for a reason and ive met people that have changed my life. But I know even more that I was supposed to serve under President Albright. He is amazing and has helped me so much. The temple trip was awesome. I was able to do a session in one of the most beautifull temples in the world with some of my closest friends who ive spent the last 2 years with. Afterwards we all went to fuddruckers and enjoyed some lunch :) Last night I had the chance to go on exchange with Elder Peterson. He is the kid I trained a little over a year ago. He is awesome! We have become good friends. We were tracting last night and we ended on this one apartment complex. It was about 8:15. The second door we knocked on we met these amazing people. They are from the assemblies of god church. They are actually planning on serving a mission to India in the next little bit. It was amazing to meet such good people. They let us in and we spent about an hour in their home talking about life in general. It humbled me to meet a family who is so close to Heavenly Father and who strive every day to make life better for people around them. Wether memebrs of the church or not there are some good people out there! They aren't interested in our church but we were still able to have a great conversation and share feelings of what has brought us happiness in life. It was fun!
 
Well I am going to try and send a couple pictures. I hope to hear back from you soon! Love you guys!
 
Elder Davie

0 comments: