Thursday, January 28, 2010

January 20, 2010

Family!
It was wonderful to email you all today! I got back to my apartment and had letters from everyone! I loved the pics! That news story of our mission conference is neat mom, thanks for sending that. Also, thanks for the $20, you're amazing! So I thought I would write of some experiences I've had the last couple weeks. I gave a lesson on humility in district meeting and how we should always recognize our dependance upon the Lord. It went ok. We taught an investigator for the first time in like 5 weeks. It went well. We taught him to never give up. We used Alma 8 how Alma is rejected by the people in Amonihah, but is commanded to go back and preach again.

So now it's Thursday and I am going to try and finish this letter. So we got a call from that investigator and he asked us to come over. He was wasted again. He looked at me and said, "You guys are always so happy and always smiling. I want that and you guys have taught me how to get that, but I don't have the dedication". It was heartbreaking. We found a new investigator on Monday while tracting. We have been eating with members a lot lately which is nice. It's nice to have something other than PB & J and frozen burritos for dinner. Transfers are in two weeks. I am getting nervous because I hate change, but I better get used to it though. I will most likely stay in Ashburn since my comp has been here 8 months. Besides that we have just been doing a lot of tracting which is hard because I suck at it. It's hard to try and connect with someone and transition to a Gospel conversation. I was on exchanges with the zone leader today and he makes it look so easy, then I take a door and I'm like, "Uh, Book of Mormon, I mean Hello, wait uh...". Sometimes it is akward, but oh well, I'm trying! We are going to a BBQ tomorrow at a members house and they invited their non-member friend. He knows we are coming and so we are going to share a message about the Book of Mormon with him. It should be fun! Next Wednesday we may be going to the temple so I might not be able to email. I hope I can though. There's this old guy in our ward who was Mitt Romney's stake president. Sweet, huh? Just curious, what size shirts do Austyn & Dallin wear? Well, I hope you guys are doing good, because I am. I understand now what people mean when they say a mission is the hardest thing ever, but it's worth it. Thanks for all you guys do! Love you!

Love,
Elder Davie

0 comments: