Thursday, June 17, 2010

Hey mom ! It was good to hear from you ! I did get your goodie package! Thank you so much. The chips ahoy hit the spot. I also got your wal mart gift card you send which was awesome. I should have used it on groceries but I REALLY needed a little boom box to play some music on so thats what I used it for :) Our ward has been taking care of us really good. All I need to survive is bread and pb and j. This week has been really good. We had transfers on Thursday. My new companion is Elder Sean Peterson. He is from Richfield, UT. He is a clone of Brad Dixon !!!! He doesn't look like him but his personality, the things he says, the things he likes, everything. Its awesome. Its like being companions with brad !! We are going to have a great time. He is a VERY hard worker as well which is awesome. He has that greenie fire. I have loved the experience of training someone new. Its been awesome. My roomates from the MTC are all training to and 2 of them are District Leaders. I am blessed to have started out with such a good group. We haven't found any new investigators this week which is sad. Keep us in your prayers to help us find people to teach !!! Our homeless investigator James moved down to Fredericksburg to stay in the homeless shelter. He found the church down there on Sunday and showed up ! The elders down there called me and said " Hey this guy came to our ward and said you have been teaching him ..... " It was awesome ! He has such a desire to learn more. So they are going to take over and teach him while he is down there, im not sure if it is a permanent move or not. I will definatly be at the baptism though. Hopefully it will still happen on June 26th. My bishop helped me get my bike to the shop last Saturday. I had a "Bad wheel hub" or something . Kind of ridiculous since ive only been riding it for 12 weeks. So we go in the shop and bishop tells them to fix it and tells them to put fenders on it and tells them to put 2 new tires on it. $200 later ..... my bike is fixed...and my bishop paid for it. I have such gratitude for him. What can I do to pay him back? What can I do to make sure he knows how much I appreciate it? Any ideas? I am going to write him a letter expressing my thoughts but I want to do something more for him. So my first week of being district leader hasn't been to bad. Its weird calling my district every night and trying to help them because I still feel like im the one who needs advice and help. But I have great people in my district ! I have a senior couple, sisters who go home this transfer, and some elders. We had a mission conference yesterday with Elder Hinkley. It was weird because his voice sounds like President Hinkley ! He doesn't look so much like his dad but he sure sounds like him ! That was fun though being able to meet him and to see some of my buddies. Since we had that we don't have district meetings so i don't have to prepare that this week which was a relief. Its been a busy calling. Its been raining alot here. Like almost every day. It just rains for like 10 minutes then stops, then gets hot and humid. Well I can't think of anything else exciting that happened. Well actually something funny..... Last week we had a dinner appointment, it was my comps first dinner. When we were eating desert he was trying to cut this brownie and it flew off his bowl onto the floor, it was hilarious. Then he was going to reach for his glass of water and the dog started barking and it startled him and he spilled the water all over the table. We were all cracking up. Good Times. I attached a picture and will send some more here in a second. I love you guys ! HOpe you all have a wonderfull week !!!

Elder Davie

0 comments: