Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Miracle on the Bus!

Hello !

How is everyone doing ? I am doing good ! Last week we went up to dc for pday and had a good time. We started off at the Holocaust museum. It was crazy...kind of depressing. It was a really good museum though. Then we just kind of went to the air and space museum and hung out for a little bit then just headed back home because of the snow storm we got. We only had like 5-6 inches but ofcourse people were freaking out. That night we just headed out to route 1 which is like a 1 minute walk from our apartment. We just helped push cars up the hill all night. It was actually pretty fun. At 9:00 we stopped for some hot chocolate at Krispy Kreme. Thats when a former investigator walked in...it was someone me and elder bell found and taught....and he was like thank you guys so much for helping me get up the hill. Hes like I want you guys to come back and teach me and my family ! It was pretty awesome...the blessings of service.....it softened this guys heart.

Then on Friday we had a leadership meeting which was fun. I guess Jimmer Fredette shared a little bit of his testimony on ESPN....president showed us that clip...it was sweet. I heard BYU beat San Diego State then lost to unranked New Mexico?! Crazy.

On monday we had another little miracle. It was the end of the month and we were already past our miles allotment. We both had the idea to go and visit this recent convert and his non member sister. They actually live outside our ward boundaries and it would have taken to many miles. So Elder Larochelle said lets just go catch the bus down there ...I was like sweet lets go !! As we walked outside I got a feeling to grab a bom and my bible out of the car and hold it in my hands because someone was going to see it and ask questions. Well we get on the bus for the first time this transfer....and sure enough right when we get on elder larochelle sits next to this later and im puttin my wallet away and she says " Hey whats the difference between those two books ? " It was awesome. We were able to teach her for 15 minutes until her stop came. She gave us all her info and were going to go back and teach her this week !

Everything else has been going good ! I can't believe its already february !!! Elder Larochelle and I have seen alot of success here in this area. We are working hard and the time is flying by. I am enjoying my time here in Belle Haven. Oh ya, at leadership this missionary came up to me (Elder Gillihan) and said hey do you know the mccoys? I was like ya ! I guess he was at their house the night before or something...I don't really know. I hear that they live in Tall Cedars which is in the Ashburn Stake. Its a very nice area.

Well I love you guys !!!! I will email some pictures of the past week....this camera is awesome !! The videos are amazing !!!!!!

Elder Davie

0 comments: