Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Another Miracle!

Hello Family !!
How is everyone doing ?! I am great ! We had another great week here in Alexandria, VA. I love this place ...I really really love this place. I want to finish my mission here....not likely it could happen though. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if I got transferred next week. I hope not !!!!
Here is another miracle that happened to us this week :
It was Saturday afternoon. We had just visited a recent convert and were leaving his place. We had some extra time before our next appointment so we decided we would just tract the area where we were. We knocked this building and on one door this lady opened named Janet. She is from Ghana ofcourse. She said " Come back in five minutes, im busy." This is a typical ghanain response while tracting. So we were like alright we'll just finish the next building and we'll go back and see what happens. We go back and Janet opens the door and lets us right now. We sat down and started talking for a bit. She informed us she is Methodist but has seen the missionaries before. Then she said " I want you to meet my sister . " Her sister came out and she saw our name tags and said " Latter day saints??!! " We were like yep !! She said she had been going to the mormon church in Ghana every week before she came to the United States 8 months ago. Apparantly she was living with a boyfriend in Ghana so she wasn't able to get baptized. She said she had been looking for the church here but couldn't find it !!! And even better, she is a Utah Jazz fan hahaha :) We had an awesome lesson with her that day. We came back the next day with Maxwell, our Ghanain member and she loved it. The next morning she was at church and made so many new friends !!! She will probably be baptized here in a couple weeks. Her sister Janet also said " I will come to church in a couple weeks and maybe I will become a member too ! " It was awesome. The lord led us to someone he had been preparing for years. The best feeling in the world truly is to know you have been an instrument in the hand of the lord.
I LOVE the Ghanains here....they are so amazing. I can't wait for you guys to meet some of them. One day im gonna go to Ghana ! haha. I can't believe that transfers are next week.....these past 6 weeks have gone by crazy fast....its weird. I wish we had another 6 weeks in this transfer. So many awesome things have happened and I have loved it !!!
Not much new is going on with me...same old missionary work ! I am excited to hear from you guys !!!I have alot of pics to email so I will go do that now....love you guys !!!
Elder Davie

0 comments: