Wednesday, February 23, 2011

New Area!

Hey guys,

I'm officially in the Annadale Zone serving in the Annadale Ward. What a crazy week we have ahead of us. Elder Kent Richards of the Seventy is touring our mission right now. Tonight we have a meeting with all bishops, stake presidents, and zone leaders at the mclean stake center. It should be interesting. Tomorrow we have a zone conference for our zone, fredericksburg, woodbridge, and spanish north. Guess who got called on to conduct....me ofcourse. Out of 8 zone leaders they just had to choose me !!! Im freaking out. It will definatly be the biggest meeting ive ever had to conduct....its scary. Then on Friday we have leadership meeting with elder richards from 9-3 then we have zone leader counsel from 3-5. Wow. Long days. Then on Saturday we are doing something AWESOME !! Remember when I told you about Esther? She was the Ghanain lady me and elder larochelle found a couple weeks ago...shes the jazz fan ! Well she is getting baptized on Saturday !!! Luckily I was able to find a ride so we are going to head down there and see it ! I can't wait !!! I will make sure to take plenty of pictures. !!!!

We had an awesome experience on Tuesday. We took one of our investigators up to the temple visitor center. He loved it. We had the sisters there take him on a tour and teach him the plan of salvation. Afterwards we were seating in front of the christus statue. We were talking about the gospel and then he just stopped for a second said " Wow I really needed this today. Thank you guys so much" It was awesome. He was able to feel and recognize the light of christ and the power of the holy ghost. Also I have some GREAT news !!! I heard from the elders in mt vernon about some news on Ohenabuh...the ghanain prince we baptized. Apparantly he has already baptized 13 members of his family....that is incredible ! The power of one !! Remember how I told you Elder Allen was gonna be my roomate...man this kid is hilarious !!!! haha. Hes sweet. He is the funniest person!

I hope you guys have an awesome week !!! I am excited to hear from all of you !!! I love you !!

0 comments: