Monday, June 20, 2011

Hey !

How are you guys doing?! Sounds like its been a pretty good week. That is crazy that Ashley is about to move!!! I still can't believe everyone is going to be gone when I get home...who woulda though?! Did you go visit Dennis & Kim mom? Maybe thats not till later in the month. Well its been a good week for us! We have transfers on Thursday so thats always a busy time. Im pretty sure that im staying in this area but who knows. I will find out tomorrow night. So there was a guy I found and taught in Annandale named JC. I don't know if you remember me talking about him but he was sweet! He had just come from afghanistan a couple years back. It was kind of hard to teach him because his english wasn't great. Also he was of the Muslim faith. The first time we taught him though he kept saying " I believe the Christ, I believe the christ!" This was unusual because he grew up muslim but at the same time he came to know that Christ is the Son of God. We kept teaching him and he started coming to church every week. I just found out yesterday that he was baptized last night!! I was going to go but we had to much stuff going on in our area. Its sweet though. We also found a couple really sweet people! We were tracting on Monday and this Lady named Sharol Boateng let us in. She was from Ghana ofcourse. We started teaching her and she said " Come back around 1, I want you to teach my kids! " So we went back, went to the wrong building on accident and never heard from them. The next day we went back and realized we went to the wrong building so we found their door again and she let us right in and her kids were there! She was like " I was waiting for you all day yesterday! " They are so eager to learn. They are moving in a few weeks because she hasn't been able to find a job here. She said for the past few months she has been praying that God would send her some help. SHe said " If you guys would have started teaching me a while ago I would have become a member!! but Im moving... " It made me think like man....why didn't we find her earlier? Its frusterating. We had some great lessons with them and they all came to church on Sunday!! All the ghanains in our ward fellowshipped them and their trying to find a way to help her stay here!!! She loved church!!! It was great. Then we also got a sweet referral from a guy living in our mission. Hes good friends with Orrin Hatch. Anyways hope you all have a great week!! Im gonna send some pictures. Love ya!!

0 comments: