Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Praying for Gabriel!

Hows everyone doing?!

Sorry that its Wednseday and im just now emailing. The libraries were closed on Monday because of Memorial Day and we were going to email yesterday but we got to busy, so here I am now!

Its been a pretty good week for the most part, but it didn't end so well. We were supposed to baptize Gabriel Saturday at 12:00. Well on Friday night we got a text message from him that said this : "Hey brother Morrill and brother Dave. I know it will be a surprise to you but I think it is the right decision to take. I really believe I am not ready for this baptism. I don't have the peace I needed for the baptism so I am suspsending the baptism. I love you all. Your all great. Thank you all. " It broke my heart!!! It was exactly 4 weeks before that when Freddy had to cancel his baptism the night before because of his mom. I was just like man what the heck am I doing wrong???!! We had been teaching Gabriel for so long. That was a tough on to swallow. Well we ended up going to his house the next day and sitting down with him. He explained that him and his wfie were having some problems and it just put a lot of stress on him and he didn't wanna be baptized with all these things going on in his mind. Of course its understandable. He said " I just want to feel more peace in my life, I want my mind to be eased!" We offered to give him a blessing and he accepted. We also invited him to come to a different baptism for the other ward right next to us. He came and loved it! Two ghanains got baptized so we were happy he came and saw. The next day, Sunday, he came to church. Hes been like 15 times. He told us ever since we gave him the blessing he felt a lot better! We went to his house after church with our ward mission leader and talked to him for a while. He agreed to be baptized on Sunday at 5:00! Please, please keep him in your prayers. He is awesome, he is one of the best people ive met out here. I just hope satan doesn't try and mess things up again.

On Monday we went up to the temple and did a session. It was awesome! It was my second time going through that temple so it was fun to be there again. Afterwards we went over to the bookstore which is just a couple miles down the road. I had to buy a new book of mormon. I lost mine last week. I have NO idea where it is!! I am so bummed because I had like 4 years worth of notes and studying in it thats all gone!! And I didn't know Book of Mormons cost $50!!! Thats a lot....but I had to do it. Hopefully I will find my old one somewhere.

Well I love you guys!!! I hope to hear from you today if your'e around.....Love you !!!!!

Elder Davie

0 comments: