Monday, June 13, 2011

Last Week of the Transfer!

Hows everyone doing?

Did you get a chance to look at the video from the link I sent you? Haha its pretty funny! Its been a pretty good week for us. We have had some ups and some downs. We had one person on date for baptism but she fell off date this week. Her husband is a leader in their Ghanain church and so she isn't able to come to ours. Its sad because she loves the missionaries and the church!! We have a few people who are really close to being baptized though so that is good! We have seen alot of good things happening here this transfer. Only one more week until the transfer is over...that is So crazy!!! It has flown by. I really enjoy my companion I have right now. His name is Elder Morrill. We have some good times and are always laughing. Hopefully we will stay together one more. Gabriel got confirmed yesterday in church. It was awesome!!! He is doing SO good. Theres another guy that I found and taught in Annandale that is getting baptized next Saturday so that is pretty sweet. We got asked yesterday if we would speak in church next Sunday...ahhhh!! You guys know how much I love speaking in church!!!! Ofcourse im freaking out but oh well. I have to speak for 10 minutes on faith. Thats a hard subject because its so broad!! I started writing it this morning though so we will see how it goes...I will let ya know! Besides that everything is going well here! I think today were either going to the Pentagon City Mall or were going to go down to Old Town Alexandria and walk around the shops and maybe go to the harbor...it will be fun!! The weather has been crazy hot!!! It was in the 100's a few days last week....with the humidity the heat index was at like 110!! Man I was just sweating all day long. Some of the africans we teach dont use their air conditioner either so that makes it hard. Sounds like you guys are having some beautifull spring weather though!! I am jelous you got to hang out with emily and the girls all week!!! Lucky!! Well I love you guys !!

Elder Davie

0 comments: