Saturday, October 24, 2009

First Letter from Elder Davie!

We received our first letter from Brendan today! Here it is:

Dated October 21

"Familia!

I'm sure you're all wondering what the skinny is on everything? It's almost 10:00 and I haven't died yet! But it is going to be a very long few weeks. My companion is Elder Pomerey from South Ogden. I live with 3 other elders who are all going to DC. They are all nice. It's really weird being here. I'm still waiting to wake up and be back at home. It is definitely an adjustment. Dinner was at 4:30 so I'm starving. Here are a few things I need: Hangers, push pins to hang pics. I think that's it. Let me know how grandma is. Give Dal (Buzz) and Austy hugs and kisses for me. Keep me in your prayers. It is going to be rough the next few days. The other guys in my room are from Layton and Cleveland. They don't care for sports which sucks. My companion really didn't want the top bunk so I offered to sleep up top. You should watch me try and climb up! It aint pretty. There's no ladder so I just pray and try to hoist myself up. Not fun. I'm also not looking forward to the shower situation tomorrow. Should be interesting! Also can you send me some wintergreen life saver mints? The sisters are muy bonita! This was my day: Put luggage in room, go to class forever, go to big devotinoal meeting, go to dinner, go to this teaching exercise type thing where people practiced teaching to fake investigators. AWKWARD. Then we had a meeting with our zone leaders. Then we came and unpacked and here I am. I'm trying not to think about the 600 + days that I have left, but it's hard not to. Anyways, hopefully 2morrow will be better. It's 10:15 so I gotta go. I love you guys and miss you very much!

---Elder Davie the Second"

2 comments:

Kim said...

oohhhh such a cute elder!
Can't wait to hunt him down tomorrow at the MTC and give him a great big hug ooops! Not supposed to do that am I? I'll just have to try and control myself.
Auntie Kim

Natedawg said...

You have to give him like 10 hugs!!! One from each of us! I'm kinda jealous of him though. I wish I had a cool aunt who tracked ME down at the MTC to bring me push pins!