Thursday, October 29, 2009

P-Day #1

Brendan's first email on his first P-Day:

"How are you guys? I am doing good. I'm actually starting to like the MTC! It's pday today which is awesome. It has been a very long week so it is nice to have some "down" time. We do laundry at 1:45 so that will be really nice since I am completely out of clothes. Then we have class tonight at 5:45 till 9 but besides that we will just be doing study and stuff. We went to the referral center last night for the first time....You make calls and receive calls as well as talk on a live chat. People call to request church movies and then we can call people to confirm their delivery. It was scary at first but now its cool. I had a chance last night to talk to a guy from oakland. It was a short conversation but the church sent him a book of mormon like 6 months ago. He lost his job and had to move in with relatives so now its still packed away. I had the chance to testify of the book or mormon and share my testimony and he was very receptive of that so it was a good experience for me. Then I called some dude in Oregon at like 9 pm...... He tore my head off for the stupidest reason.....it was hilarious.... the phone was ringing, his wife picks up and so I ask for him. Then he gets on the phone and says "Phillies or Yankees". I was taken back for a second then turned my mind into real life mode and said "Phillies !". Then he said is this Don? I was like uh no this is brendan from the church of jesus christ of latter day saints. And he proceeded with these exact words ( I will add caps to help you feel exactly how mad he was) "HOW DARE YOU CALL ME DURING THE WORLD SERIES? I CANNOT BELIEVE THAT PEOPLE CALL DURING THE WORLD SERIES?!" I told him the spill and asked if he received his bible he requested. He said " No I didn't ! " So I was like sweet do you still want one or....? and he was like " Yes! But not during the world series....and you guys can send one or call me back but it better be after the world series !!! It was hilarious but I was scared at the same time. Thanks for all the letters and packages that you guys have been sending....I get way more mail then the other elders and it means a lot to me! We had the chance to go to the temple this morning. It was really cool since I have never been to that one before. Our session started at 7:40 so I was dead tired but its all good. It was a great experience. It is hard waking up so early and I am dead tired all day...but I will get used to it...or just deal with it. We have 10 people in our district.... 4 of us going to dc south and then 6 are going to Rapid City , South Dakota. We all getting along pretty well. I hope you guys are all doing good ! Let me know if there is anything I can do for you !! I love you !!! Church is true !!!!"

0 comments: