Sunday, November 8, 2009

Apple Bowling

This letter was actually put in the wrong mailbox by our mailman and our neighbor brought it over to us today, so it's a few days old....dated November 3, 2009.

"Hello!
How are you guys? I'm glad you had fun at the Jazz game and had a great Halloween. SO I got swine flu I guess and now I'm sitting in quarantine for the next 5 days. You can't leave the floor. You can sleep whenever you want and study whenever. The last couple of days were rough but I'm starting to feel better now! I'm in a room with 3 other elders. One's from California and going to Tahiti, one's from Sandy going to New Zealand, and the other is straight out of Ecuador going to California. He's been at the MTC for 5 weeks so he knows minimal english. It's not to horrible in here. I should be out of quarantine on Friday and then I can go pick up a CD that I ordered that has all my pics on it and then I sill send it to you guys! They bring breakfast, lunch, and dinner to our rooms. It's always cold! And the showers have no hot water! How lame is that?! There are only 5 of us in quarantine on this floor. There were like 10 but 5 got out today whcih was a blessing because I couldn't stand them sometimes! They were playing "Apple Bowling" in the hall until like 11 PM and then again at 7 this morning! The last thing you wann do while you're laying in bed sick is to be kept up by a bunch of weirdos apple bowling. That's when I pinched myself to see if this was a wierd dream, but nope! It's real! I've been here for 32 1/2 hours but who's counting! I am bummed I'm missing out on class and other things that were helping me. Our distric is very united and they were ver kind to me and helped me! Well I'm gonna hit the sack! I'm feeling much better so no worries! I love and miss you guys!

Love Elder Davie

P.S. I fly out on Wednesday, November 11th, so I will try and call ya'll from the airport. Love ya!"

0 comments: