Tuesday, November 10, 2009

The Church is True

November 8, 2009

Hey!
So I saw Dennis twice today! It was awesome! I am feeling about 95% health so all is well. It is a blessing to be healthy! So I leave on Wednesday morning to start my service in the "field". I have mixed emotions. First I'm scared out of my mind. Not just scared, but terrified! But, I was also terrified to come to the MTC and now I feel myself not looking forward to saying bye to some people here. Some people you meet are just good people! People who affect your life just by being themselves. I have met a couple people like that, both of which were in quarantine. I met an elder who is going to Tahiti. He leaves tomorrow. Guess where he is from? Hesperia, CA. So ofcourse I told him about Dad. Ofcourse he didn't know him. The second person I met in quarantine was a 21 year old from Equador. Elder Baderon? He speaks minimal english, but we still built that friendship and trust as if we knew each other for much longer. His love for the Gospel and for the Savior is so apparant that I felt it without him communicating it to me. He has shown me how to serve and how to love our Savior in a way that I will never forget! I'm so excited to go to DC. I can't wait to share my knowledge and my testimony with real people who are looking for something in their life. What a joy it is to stop my life and devote ALL my time to invite others to come unto Christ! What a sacred and overwhelming thing it is to wake up every morning and put on my name tag stating that I am a representative of Jesus Christ. I am literally called to "say and do what He himself would say and do if he were personally ministering to the very people who he has sent unto me". I am excited to overcome another fear of mine, for I feel as if I've grown after coming to the MTC. The thought of coming to the MTC used to invoke feelings of fear, my stomach would be in complete knots! As I am preparing to leave this wonderful, I am faced with those same feelings. Sorry if this letter caught you off guard or sounds like I'm rambling, but I wanted to express these thoughts with you. For the first time, I feel ready to share the gospel. I know without a doubt that the church is true! I wouldn't be doing this if I didn't know that. I wouldn't have spent 3 painful years repenting and preparing to serve if I didn't know it was true. I ask you guys to remember and say your prayers, study the scriptures, come to know Christ and to love him like he loves us. You will see so manhy blessings if you do that. Well those were my thoughts going through my head the last couple days. This will probably be my last letter from the MTC. I will try and call from the airport though. Thanks for your guys help in getting me here! Being a missionary is that hardest thing ever, but I love it! I will call wed and write / email the first opportunity I get from DC. be sure to keep a lookout on the mission blog for my pic! Crazy! I can't believe I'm really doing this! Well, I love you guys so much! Thanks for all you do for me! Even though I'm not home, you still take care of me! I love you!!

Love,
Elder Davie

Bring on DC baby!

0 comments: