Friday, November 6, 2009

Pressing Forward

November 3, 2009

Ashley-
How are ya? Not sure if you heard the awesome news or not, I have Swine Flu! And the test where they stick that thing up your nose is not enjoyable! I started feeling sick last Saturday (Halloween), it got worse Sunday, then got unbearable on Monday so I went to the health clinic where they confirmed my suspicions. so I had to sit in the "sick bay" room and wait for a worker to get me. He took me to my room where I was told to pack a small bag of reading and study materials. Once I did that we got in this electric cart thing and he drove me to "quarantine" or "isolation" or "prison" as I like to think of it. So now I'm sharing a room with 3 other infected elders. I'm on Tamiflu again. We can't leave this floor so basically we have a small dorm, bathroom, and hallway. They deliver breakfast, lunch, & dinner and it's cold and gross. The showers have no hot water. Basically we read & study & sleep all day. They told us we can sleep whenever we want. I got here yesterday at about 1:00 and have to be here 5 days. No class which sucks because that's where I learn a lot. So the past coupld days have been miserable and have been a test of my faith and patience. Today I am feeling much better though and I feel like things are moving forward once again. I had great support from my district. I loved hearing about your Halloween. It puts a smile on my face when you talk about Dal. I'm glad he still remembers me! I'm glad he's not allergic to Darla! Well, I better get going. Thanks again for all your letters. Sometimes that's what it takes to keep myself pressing forward!! I am feeling much better though so it's all good. I love and miss you guys!

Love,
Elder Davie

0 comments: