Friday, November 20, 2009

The Work Is Going Good

November 16, 2009

Hey!
It was good talking with ya'll on email. The computer was being dumb so sorry. I will try and answer any questions you may have. My comp is Elder Lee from Delta, UT. He is good. He has taught me a lot. We are serving in two wards. Both wards are huge! It rained Wed, Thurs, Fri, & Sat, but has been sunny and warm since. We just got done doing some shopping and ate at Moes Southwest Grill which was good. The diversity is crazy here! We have 5 investigators - one from Iran, one from Sierra Leone, & I love it!! My first day tracting it took like 20 doors to find another white person. I am learning to love the mission. Every day I wake up and have a greater desire to do the work. I just need to build my confidence a little. There is one lady we tracted into who said she had been praying to find out how to find more peace in her life. She is a single black lady who just moved from the hood (DC). She was in tears when she saw us at her door and heard our message. We are going there on Wed to teach her about the restoration. Pray for her! Also, we have an investigator who has been investigating the church for 6 months. He needs to stop drinking & smoking. He has a baptismal date for Jan 9th so keep him in your prayers. The work is going good. There's a good chance we could have 2 baptisms in this transfer which would be amazing. There are so many town homes here, like everywhere, but really nice ones. And the homes are so big and so nice. The bishops house is incredible. We have to part our hair because of the people here, very smart educated kind of people. The stake president owns like Shell gas stations or something. Tons of people from the ward work at the Pentagon. We are going to the temple visitor's center this week. Then in a couple weeks we're going to DC for p-day. Then in four weeks, our whole mission got invited to capitol hill to meet some senators and stuff. Scary! So we have a lot of stuff planned. I don't think I need anything. I met people in the ward who lived in Temecula. Anyways, I think that's all the news from me. Let me know if you guys have any other questions! I love you guys!!

Love,
Elder Davie

0 comments: